David Mellor - Chef's Starter Knife Set
Designer Corin Mellor's new interpretation of the traditional fully forged professional chef's knife, appealing to those who take good cooking seriously.
The stainless steel tang running right through the handle and the large stainless rivets give these knives their special visual quality.
These knives exploit the latest techniques in manufacturing. The high carbon stainless steel blades are hot drop forged and then ice hardened to minus 80°c, producing an exceptionally sharp, hard and durable blade. Blades are then taper ground. Handles are acetal resin. These knives are not only technically excellent, they are especially well balanced and comfortable in the hand.
This carefully selected set of the 4 most essential kitchen knives contains:
- Paring knife 10cm
- Cook's knife 12cm
- Cook's knife 15cm
- Chef's knife 18cm
David Mellor knife sets come in specially designed Birchwood boxes with sliding lid. These make perfect gift sets and the handmade boxes can provide permanent safe storage for your knives.
- Length: 42cm
- Width: 23cm
- Depth: 3.9cm
- Material: Birch plywood, martensitic steel, acetal resin
Corin Mellor succeeded his father as Creative Director of David Mellor Design in 2006. He is responsible for product development within the company, expanding our unique and well-known collection of specialist tableware and kitchenware. Corin trained in product design and architecture. He designed the interior of the Design Museum and Cafe at Hathersage. Recent special commissions include spectacular metalwork for Sheffield Cathedral and a collection of sterling silver for a Middle East royal family. A large scale sculptural seat for the gardens at Chatsworth was commissioned by the Duke and Duchess of Devonshire in 2009 and a second bench has just been installed.
Part of our David Mellor Design Collection
Questions? Email us.
- Free USPS Shipping Over $100 (3-5 Business Days)
- $10 Flat Rate Shipping on Orders Under $100
- Tax & Duty Free
- Free Expedited Canada Post Shipping Over $100 (2-6 Business Days)
- $15 Flat Rate Shipping on Orders Under $100
At Old Faithful Shop we strive to process your order as quickly and carefully as possible within 24 hours.
Once your order has been processed we will notify you to let you know your order has shipped and provide the tracking number.
- USA orders are shipped with a trackable USPS service from Blaine, WA. No duties or additional taxes will be incurred with your order. Delivery time is approximately 3-5 business days.
- Canadian orders are shipped with a trackable Expedted Canada Post service from Vancouver, BC. Delivery time is approximately 2-6 business days.
- $39.95 Flat Rate DHL Shipping (1-2 Business Days)
- Rates vary depending on size and weight of package. (Canada Post Express 1-2 Business Days)
We gladly accept returns within 7 days of the delivery date. Items returned to us must be in original, re-sellable condition. Once the items are back in our possession we will process a refund immediately.
Questions about this? Email us.
Learn More about our Shipping Policies here.