Monocle Guide to Hotels, Inns & Hideaways
Monocle’s latest book will tell you where to find a top hotel—and also how to design or run your own. Both inspirational and packed with insight, it will be a must-have guide for the globally minded. Over the past decade, Monocle editors have been writing about—and staying in—plenty of hotels. They’ve put to the test everything from cosy inns in the backstreets of Beirut to cutting-edge offerings from international brands in New York, Tokyo and beyond. At the heart of everything has been one guiding principle: to find stop-ins that get the simple things right and understand the value of thoughtful hospitality.
In this brand-new book, Monocle reveals not only its 100 favourite hotels but also how you could start number 101 on its list with a wealth of advice and insight into what owning and running a perfect establishment involves. From stunning photography and illustration to snappy essays and sharp observations, The MONOCLE Guide to Hotels, Inns and Hideaways delivers a complete review of everything from escapists' boltholes to third spaces for entrepreneurs.
Monocle was launched by Tyler Brûlé in 2007 as a monthly magazine briefing on global affairs, business, culture, design, and much more. Today, Monocle is a complete, media brand with a suite of travel guides under its belt, a 24-hour radio station, a film-rich website, retail ventures around the globe, and cafés in Tokyo and London. Besides their London HQ they have seven international bureaux in New York, Toronto, Istanbul, Singapore, Tokyo, Zurich, and Hong Kong. At their core is the simple belief that there will always be a place for a print brand that is committed to telling fresh stories and sending photographers on assignments.
- Format:NEW ’Mezzanine’ Format – 17.3 × 23 cm / 6.8 x 9.1 in
- Full color, hardcover, stitched binding, ribbon bookmark, 304 pages
Questions? Email us.
- Free USPS Shipping Over $100 (3-5 Business Days)
- $10 Flat Rate Shipping on Orders Under $100
- Tax & Duty Free
- Free UPS Shipping Over $100 (3-5 Business Days)
- $15 Flat Rate Shipping on Orders Under $100
At Old Faithful Shop we strive to process your order as quickly and carefully as possible within 24 hours.
Once your order has been processed we will notify you to let you know your order has shipped and provide the tracking number.
- USA orders are shipped with a trackable USPS service from Blaine, WA. No duties or additional taxes will be incurred with your order. Delivery time is approximately 3-5 business days.
- Canadian orders are shipped with a trackable UPS Standard service from Vancouver, BC. Delivery time is approximately 4-6 business days.
- $39.95 Flat Rate DHL Shipping (1-2 Business Days)
We gladly accept returns within 7 days of the delivery date. Items returned to us must be in original, re-sellable condition. Once the items are back in our possession we will process a refund immediately.
Questions about this? Email us.
Learn More about our Shipping Policies here.